I am officially 90 days into full-time entrepreneurship. Like all areas of my life I spend so much time being obsessed with the activity that I lose sight of the reflection. When an impending burn out pops on my radar, I halt all activities to regroup. So for the last three weeks, I settled into my quiet routine to rediscover my center. I’ve spent the last few weeks being out in nature, reading and reflecting. It seems like so much has changed in the last 90 days, my experience has been good so far and here are some of my accomplishments.
- Lots of feedback from class participants. I love when I hear about how something I taught in class my students are able to use in their real life. My students report back how they felt prompted to slow down and breathe. Some of them will also share that they “heard my voice in their head” telling them to breathe. I love feedback because it lets me know that I am making an impact and heading in the right direction.
- Overwhelming request for me to continue. I teach several corporate classes. Usually, the initial contract is only for a six to eight week trial period. This gives time for both client and myself to determine if there is the partnership is a good fit. What I offer is not a fit for every company, my higher focus is on if the energy is a good match and if the students are engaged and receptive. Across the board at the end of each trial period, I have received an overwhelming request to continue. One Human Resources Manager said, “I don’t know what you are doing in those classes but please continue to do it”. She had apparently received an outpouring of calls and emails at the end of the trial period and was in a rush to get me back in the office to continue.
- For the first half of 2017, I have touched at least 150 souls. Over the course of my corporate, private and group classes, 150 individuals have signed up and attended at least one of my classes. 2016 was only about a third of this amount. Of course, I’m more out in the open now and actively networking to bring more awareness to what I do. It’s just amazing how quickly life has changed in the last 90 days.
- New ways to incorporate and expose students to mindful moments. Some of my students have been with me for at least a year. It is my intention that as I evolve as a teacher so does my teaching style. My focus is slowly transitioning from just teaching one how to breathe to a more holistic approach to living a mindful life. Mindfulness is about awareness. Awareness allows you to live in the moment. When you are living in the moment you are more likely to react with clarity or change how you react to others. Now more than ever we need more compassion for ourselves and others and mindfulness can lead the way. I want my students to live a more mindful life and to be able to share our experience with others.
- New possibilities have opened up. The first half of the year has been good to me and it has also put me in unfamiliar territory. As I attend more events I have become more accustomed to sharing what I do with others. In addition to finding my voice as a wellness advocate, I have developed an interest in public speaking and coaching. Both seem like a natural extension of what I am currently doing. I look forward to exploring these new interest.
- Writing has become a central part of my life. I’ve always wanted to be a writer and I’ve been able to find an outlet as a blogger. I currently manage two blogs Return of Eros and Jaiona’s Yoga Closet. About a month ago, I was asked by a fellow blogger to be a contributor to her site. I felt honored to be considered and gladly accepted the offer. I am now a contributing blogger for Get Inspired, a lifestyle blog for the everyday woman. I have learned so much from her editing style and perspective. I have been able to use the feedback to make my other blogs better. I have also been able to build relationships with a host of other bloggers in the Atlanta metro area.
- Happier and successful. I have made a major accomplishment by trusting my intuition. My stress level is low and overall I feel more upbeat. There are times when I’m living too far ahead or calling forward a memory from long ago. However, I’m learning to constantly redirect my thoughts to focus on the current moment. In the current moment, I realize what I am faced with but I am also able to solidify that happiness is a choice. Redirecting your life is a choice. Once you get past the fear of the unknown, you can live the life of your choice.
My life has changed dramatically over the last 90 days. I have had some great adventures so far but I’ve also had some challenges which I will share in the coming days. I continue to receive an outpouring of love and support from my friends and family which gives me the courage to stay the course. I am forever changed by making the decision to follow my intuition and I look forward to what is to come.
Peace and Blessings
Good for you!!!! It takes guts to go for it on your own like that. You might enjoy the following self-reflection questions — please participate in the Blue Sky Tag. I found the exercise helpful in sorting stuff in Life out :)) Best to you!!! Dawn